Search By Topic

Sholley: Pledge To The People August 5, 2010

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I’m elected to go to Washington, and am sworn in as your Congressman from the 4th Congressional District of Massachusetts, I pledge to work for the following goals, so help me God:
  1. I pledge to downsize government by working towards a 50% reduction of the Federal Bureacracy which will, within 10 years, result in a legacy of a balanced budget and limited government intrusion.
  2. I pledge to use my vote in Congress to apply a permanent limit on taxes, (that can only be changed by a vote of the people), by implementing a move to a Consumption tax (Fair or Flat tax) which will stimulate the economy and help to bring jobs back to the United States.
  3. I pledge to implement Term Limits to two (2) terms and NO pension. Representatives of the people are not privileged individuals, but Citizen Statesmen and Public Servants who work for the people, not themselves.
  4. I pledge to end illegal immigration once and for all by fining employers; putting our National Guard on the border as Border Security agents, not as carpenters and contractors; and by abiding by the 9th and 10th Amendments to the Constitution concerning State’s Rights.
  5. I pledge to repeal the Health Care Bill and to promote a Culture of Life through tort reform and interstate competition. We offer the best health care in the world. Getting government out of the health care business and allowing the people to take the lead will open up more health care choices, cut costs, and help to eliminate bureacratic red tape.
  6. I pledge to work for energy independence once and for all by promoting the development of this country’s abundant resources: coal, nuclear, wave motion, geothermal, natural gas, oil, and other viable alternative souces.  There is no need to be dependent on foreign governments for our sources of energy.  We can lower energy costs by applying science… not hysteria.  We are Americans after all!
  7. I pledge to end voter fraud and to work for fair and secure elections by requiring a Photo ID at the polling stations, and by working to promote English proficiency and a knowledge of American History. Elections must be legitimate in order for the Republic to endure.
  8. I pledge to work for Constitutional integrity, individual rights and responsibilities, and to impeach judges (and presidents) in violation of those responsibilities by reigning in the legal aristocracy that now exists in Washington.
  9. I pledge to work towards universal choice in education and the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. Getting the government out of education and the teachers out of politics will result in more competition, less propaganda, less classroom indoctrination and more educated Americans.
  10. I pledge to work for a strong defense for this great nation by promoting peace through strength. We can only keep Americans safe by publicly identifying our enemies. We can no longer serve as the world’s police.  I pledge to always put the United States of America first.
So help me God.
Earl H. Sholley, July 4, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment